Often mispronounced, always useful
Take a jaunt through the desert regions of the southwestern United States and northwestern Mexico and you’ll most likely encounter a small shrub that’s a powerhouse of moisture for our skin.
Jojoba (Simmondsia chinensis) is a small plant whose seeds possess an oil (almost 50% of a seed’s weight) that’s long been revered for its moisturizing properties. Did you know that jojoba oil closely resembles the natural sebum produced by our skin?
Pronounced “ho-HO-ba”, there’s a lot to like about this often-mispronounced oil:
- Retain your skin’s precious moisture – When applied immediately after a bath or shower, jojoba oil can help your skin retain moisture. And it won’t leave any oily residue – bonus!
- Enhance your favorite moisturizer – If your current moisturizer doesn’t have jojoba oil in it then make the switch! But if you’re devoted to your moisturizer then simply adding a few drops of pure jojoba oil can greatly enhance its effectiveness.
- Enhance your favorite hair care products – In addition to enhancing your favorite moisturizer, Jojoba can boost the moisturizing benefits of your shampoo and conditioner. Just add a few drops and use as you normally would.
- Soothe away your cares – Jojoba oil for skin also makes an awesome massage oil. Just add a few drops of your favorite essential oil, mix, and massage into your skin for relaxation and moisturization.
- Just as good for your lips – With just a few drops you can moisten dry, chapped lips and help retain moisture for soothing relief without the harsh chemicals.
NOW® Solutions Jojoba Oil is expeller pressed and produced without the use of hexane or other harsh chemicals or solvents. With our organic Jojoba Oil also in several sizes to choose from, and our industry-leading focus on quality, there’s no need to look any further for your moisturizing needs!