Life in motion
Dancing the night away. Running a marathon. Rough-housing with the kids. Taking a leisurely walk. What do they all have in common? Mobility.
For many of us mobility and ease-of-motion just happen; we don’t give them any thought. But our ability to move is dependent on an intricate network of bones, ligaments, muscles, cartilage, fluids, nerves and other components that all work together to keep us movin’ and groovin’.
In order for all of these components to do their job they need to be well-nourished and well-maintained, which starts with a healthy diet and regular exercise.
Nutrition for joint health
In addition, there are a number of natural nutrients that research has shown can help to support normal joint structure and function, which contribute to normal range of motion and pain-free movement.*
- Glucosamine – Joints love glucosamine. This nutrient is an essential building block of the two main components of joint tissue, glycosaminoglycans (GAGs) and proteoglycans. Both promote water retention within joints. Water gives joint tissues resiliency by acting as a lubricant and a shock absorber.* We also offer a vegetarian glucosamine derived from a non-GMO corn source.
- Chondroitin – We mentioned glycosaminoglycans previously; chondroitin is a GAG that’s normally found in many body tissues, including the articular cartilage found in joints. GAGs promote water retention for lubrication and shock absorption.*
- Hyaluronic Acid – Hyaluronic Acid is another glycosaminoglycan found in most body tissues, including connective tissues such as skin and cartilage. It’s also an important component of synovial (joint) fluid, where, like other GAGs, it serves as a lubricant and plays a role in resisting compressive forces.*
- Methylsulphonylmethane (MSM) – MSM is an organic form of sulfur found in all living organisms. It has chemical links needed to form and maintain a variety of different tissues, including connective tissues such as articular cartilage.*
- Cartilage – Cartilage is a connective tissue that provides structural support in the body. Composed of protein, collagen, sugar and more, cartilage has shown some promise in past studies for the support of healthy joint structure and function.*
- Vitamins and Minerals – Just like every other tissue, organ and system in your body, your joints need vitamins and minerals to function normally. Vitamins such as vitamin C are important for the synthesis of collagen, a necessary component of all connective tissues. Well-known minerals such as calcium and magnesium support normal skeletal structure.*
- Specialized Nutrients – Modern researchers and scientists have identified a number of specialized nutrients that may benefit normal joint function. For instance, Natural Eggshell Membrane (NEM®) can help maintain healthy articular cartilage by nourishing joints, with clinical studies showing it can help promote normal joint comfort and flexibility, usually within 7 to 10 days.*
Another is UC-II®, a patented form of Undenatured (native) Type II Collagen that works with the immune system to support healthy joints.* Human clinical studies have found that just one 40 mg capsule of UC-II® daily can help to promote joint comfort as well as healthy joint function and flexibility.*
NOW® Joint Health Products
With NOW® joint health supplements you always get outstanding selection and value. We offer a variety of forms for your convenience, including capsules, veg caps, tablets, softgels, powders, liquids, and lotions. Many of our joint support products are made with natural, non-GMO ingredients, and we offer several formulas suitable for vegetarians and vegans.
Best of all, every product we produce is made with our industry-leading commitment to quality and is tested for potency, purity and safety.
Now that you’ve found the industry’s best joint health supplements, let’s find the one that’s right for you.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.