Glucose is a sugar that serves as our body’s primary source of cellular energy, as well as an energy source for most living creatures. It’s naturally found in almost all plants, which produce it via photosynthesis from water and carbon dioxide.
Glucose is obtained from food in the digestive tract or the liver and then transported via the bloodstream to cells throughout the body, which is why you’ll often hear glucose referred to as blood sugar. In humans, the regulation of blood glucose is precisely controlled by insulin, a naturally occurring hormone produced by the pancreas, as well as other hormones, including glucagon, cortisol, and adrenaline.
In healthy individuals, blood glucose is tightly regulated. Too much or too little can negatively affect our body’s natural balance, potentially leading to a host of health concerns. Unfortunately, for some of us, despite our best efforts, it is sometimes difficult to properly regulate blood glucose levels.
Glucose management through nutrition
For healthy individuals, a healthy diet and regular exercise are key elements for the maintenance of healthy blood sugar levels. For individuals who suspect that their body is having a hard time maintaining healthy blood sugar levels within the normal range, a healthy diet and exercising regularly might not be enough.
For all of us interested in maintaining healthy blood sugar levels, in addition to a healthy diet and exercise regimen, NOW® has developed supplements that are great tools to support our body’s natural ability to manage blood sugar.*
- NOW® Berberine Glucose Support is combined with MCT oil for optimal berberine absorption in order to support glucose metabolism.* Clinical studies have demonstrated that berberine helps to support already normal glucose and lipid metabolism.* MCT oil (or caprate) is included to help promote optimal absorption and maintenance of gastrointestinal comfort during berberine supplementation.* Berberine Glucose Support
- Chromium is an essential trace mineral that works with insulin to support healthy blood glucose levels and plays an important role in the proper utilization of protein, fat, and carbohydrates.* NOW offers highly bioavailable Chromium Picolinate as well as Tri-Chromium, a combination of three different forms of chromium – Chromium Picolinate, Chromium Chelavite®, and ChromeMate®.
- ChromeMate® contains a unique, patented, niacin-bound chromium complex. Independent studies show that ChromeMate® provides greater biological activity than other chromium supplements tested.* Just like other forms of chromium, ChromeMate® works with insulin to support blood glucose levels already within the normal range.*
- GlucoFit® is a dietary ingredient extracted from the herb Lagerstroemia speciosa, standardized to 18% corosolic acid. GlucoFit®'s active component, corosolic acid, has been shown in scientific studies to support healthy glucose metabolism.*
- Glucose Metabolic Support features GlucoFit® (detailed above). We’ve also included an extract from the herb Gymnema sylvestre, a small plant native to India. Extracts of Gymnema have been used for centuries by Ayurvedic herbalists for the support of glucose metabolism.* Glucose Metabolic Support
The NOW® Difference
For more than 50 years NOW® has been empowering people to lead healthier lives by providing high-quality supplements, foods, personal care, and sports nutrition products. Our long-standing relations with the world’s best raw material suppliers ensure all NOW® products, including our glucose support line, are made with premium ingredients, and every product we produce is manufactured with our industry-leading commitment to quality.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.