If you’re into fitness and exercise then you’re most likely familiar with amino acids in general.
But with 20 different amino acids to typically choose from at your local gym or health food store, as well as a huge number of variations and combinations, you may be wondering which ones to add to your supplementation regimen.
Many active individuals choose to supplement with the amino acid L-Arginine. Here are a few L-Arginine benefits:
- Arginine is a precursor to nitric oxide (NO), a molecule that helps to open up blood vessels, which increases the flow of blood to muscular tissues.*
- Because nitric oxide is an important component of the endothelium, which is the layer of cells that lines the interior of our blood vessels, Arginine may help to support healthy circulatory function.*
- Arginine plays an essential role in the maintenance of proper nitrogen balance through its participation in the metabolism ammonia and excretion of urea.*
- Arginine supports normal liver detoxification processes, helping your body eliminate toxic materials and supporting overall metabolic health.*
- This important amino acid also supports healthy immune system function.*
L-Arginine is classified as a “conditionally essential” amino acid. In certain stressful situations, such as illness or injury, the body requires higher levels of these amino acids from the diet.
Since exercise is basically controlled injury of your muscle tissue, you can see how an L-Arginine supplement can benefit exercise recovery.*
NOW® Sports L-Arginine products are carefully screened for purity and potency and are manufactured with our industry-leading quality assurance procedures. And we always use the natural “L” form amino acids, because we believe that natural is better.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.