- Good Source of Fiber and Protein
- 100% Whole Grain
- Grown in the USA
- Ancient Grains
What do you get when you take young, green wheat loaded with nutrients and roast it to perfection? Something Freekeh! Cracked Freekeh (pronounced freek-ah) has more fiber than almost any other grain and is also a good source of protein. It has a low glycemic rating, is suitable for vegetarians, and its high fiber content promotes satiety.
NOW Real Food® Organic Freekeh has a nutty, slightly sweet flavor with a delicious hint of smokiness. Freekeh is extremely versatile and is often used in place of rice and quinoa in many recipes. Cracked Freekeh cooks relatively quickly with a chewy texture similar to barley. Use it in salads, soups, cereals, stuffings, bread, and so much more!
- Place 1 cup NOW Real Food® Organic Freekeh and 2 cups water in sauce pan on medium-high heat.
- Allow for mixture to come to a boil then cover and place on low heat.
- Cook Freekeh for 20-25 minutes or until the water has evaporated.
- Allow Freekeh to cool for 5 minutes and serve.
|Serving Size:||1/4 cup (43 g)|
|Servings Per Container:||about 11|
|Amount per Serving||% Daily Value|
|* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet.
† Daily Value not established.
|Calories from Fat||5|
|Total Fat||0.5 g||1%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||31 g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber||5 g||20%|
Ingredients: Organic Freekeh (non-GMO) (derived from wheat).
1) Place 1 cup NOW Real Food® Organic Freekeh and 2 cups water in sauce pan on medium-high heat.
2) Allow for mixture to come to a boil then cover and place on low heat.
3) Cook Freekeh for 20-25 minutes or until the water has evaporated.
4) Allow Freekeh to cool for 5 minutes and serve.
Because you are what you eat, NOW Real Food® has been committed to providing delicious, healthy, natural foods since 1968. Were independent, family owned, and proud of it. Keep it natural. Keep it real.
Certified Organic by QAI.