- Organic ancient grain with a sweet and nutty flavor
- Good source of protein and fiber
- Produced in a dedicated gluten-free, allergy-friendly facility
There are grains, and then there's Amaranth. Along with buckwheat and quinoa, Amaranth is one of the few plant sources to offer a complete set of amino acids, making it a rare plant source of complete protein. It's naturally gluten-free and a good source of protein and fiber.
Living Now™ Organic Amaranth is perfect for making gluten-free pasta, but should be combined with other grains/flours for baked goods since it has no gluten and will not rise on its own. Amaranth has a mild flavor that's both sweet and nutty, and it's a popular addition to many vegetarian recipes.
Basic Cooking Instructions:
1 cup of NOW Organic Amaranth
2 1/2 cups of water
- Combine Amaranth and water into a pot.
- Bring to a boil then cover with tight fitting lid.
- Reduce heat to low and allow Amaranth to simmer for 20 minutes or until grains are fluffy and water absorbs.
***Tip: If you would like to turn this mixture into an amaranth porridge add another 1/2 cup of water and cook for an additional 7-10 minutes***
|Serving Size:||1/4 Cup (47 g)|
|Servings Per Container:||about 10|
|Amount per Serving||% Daily Value|
|* Percent Daily Values are based on 2,000 calorie diet.
† Daily Value not established.
|Calories from Fat||30|
|Total Fat||3 g||5%|
|Total Carbohydrate||31 g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g||28%|
Ingredients: Organic Whole Grain Amaranth (Non-GMO).
Certified Organic by QAI.