Essential oils are pure reflections of the botanicals from which they’re derived, but their production is an extremely complicated process with a vast array of variables, all of which can have a significant impact on the quality of the final product.
State-of-the-art testing and analyses
So how does NOW® Solutions consistently assure the identity and purity of our essential oils? How do we protect retailers and consumers and ensure they’re getting the product they paid for?
- Identity and purity testing
- Use of The Essential Oils compendium by Ernest Guenther, Ph.D. and Fenaroli’s Handbook of Flavor Ingredients, edited by George A. Burdock, Ph.D., to ascertain the correct essential oil species
- Supplier/grower track-record of providing high quality materials
- Aroma comparisons
- Review of essential oil processing to assure that appropriate extraction methods are used
- Appropriate cautionary and regulatory language