A woman’s health and wellness needs are guaranteed to do one thing throughout life – change. A young woman has different nutritional needs than a mature, post-menopausal woman or a woman who’s pregnant.
The physiological changes a woman undergoes throughout her life necessitate a different nutritional strategy at key points in life, including adolescence, young adulthood, child-bearing years, menopause, post-menopause and maturity.
Add in a complex reproductive system, a constantly changing hormonal environment, differing cognitive health needs and more, and it’s easy to see why a woman has distinct and varied nutritional needs.
Back to Nature
In this new era of healthier living, more and more women are discovering the benefits of a natural and holistic lifestyle and improving their quality of life through good nutrition and regular exercise. They’re taking ownership of their health and educating themselves on the various natural products available today that can help support their well-being throughout life.
- Cranberry & Mannose – Forget diamonds, cranberries are a girl’s best friend. This is because they contain various natural bioactive components, including several distinct classes of flavonoids with free radical-neutralizing properties (anti-aging).* Cranberries also possess a simple sugar called mannose that’s an anti-adhesion pro. In the urinary tract, D-Mannose interferes with particle attachment and allows everything to be flushed out in the urine stream.*
- Soy Isoflavones – Isoflavones are naturally occurring compounds found in many plants, with an especially high concentration found in soybeans. Soy isoflavones, have been shown in scientific studies to help maintain healthy cell cycles, promote normal cardiovascular function, support bone health and assist in maintaining female balance.*
- Progesterone – Progesterone is normally produced by the body and serves a number of different roles. Progesterone is important for maintaining numerous healthy body functions and systems, including the endocrine system, bone strength, thyroid function, energy production, thermogenesis, and much, much more.*
- Herbal Pause™ – Our popular Herbal Pause™ supplement contains EstroG-100®, a patented and clinically studied herbal blend that consists of the extracts of three different herbs. In these studies EstroG-100® has demonstrated the ability to relieve common menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes, night sweats, temporary sleeplessness, nervousness, and difficulty maintaining a positive mental outlook.*
- Cycle Comfort™ – We formulated Cycle Comfort™ especially for women who experience common, mild symptoms associated with their monthly cycle. This product is a combination of ginger and zinc, each of which has been found in clinical studies to temporarily alleviate mild cramping and pain that often accompanies monthly cycles.*
- Multivitamins – Complete nutrition is the best way to maintain good health and a good quality of life, and ideally we should obtain all the nutrients we need from our diet. Unfortunately many of us don’t eat balanced, nutritious meals, which is where a good multivitamin can help. Multivitamins aren’t an alternative to food. They’re a way for us to fill the gaps in our nutrient intake when our diet is less than perfect. Our Eve™ Multi can help in this regard, and for pregnant women our Pre-Natal Gels + DHA eliminate the need for a separate DHA supplement.
The NOW® Difference
At NOW we understand the unique nutritional needs of women and how they change throughout life, and we offer a targeted line of women’s health supplements that support these changing needs.
Whether you’re seeking daily nutrition with multi-vitamin and multi-mineral formulas specifically made for women, or more specialized products with cutting-edge ingredients that can help support specific body systems, all of our women’s health formulas are produced with the same industry-leading commitment to quality you’ll find with every NOW® product.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.