Energy and Heart Strength – The Benefits and Uses of L-Carnitine*
When we exercise to maintain a healthy body composition, yet we don’t get the results we desire, many of us workout harder and longer. But it may not be your workout that’s the problem. Working harder to lose weight isn’t always the answer. Sometimes you have to be smarter.
If you’re not providing your body with the nutrients it needs, then you’re not maximizing your workouts. Amino acids are absolutely essential for success in fitness, and one of the best is L-Carnitine.
L-Carnitine benefits and functions include:
- L-Carnitine is synthesized in the body from the amino acids lysine and methionine.
- L-Carnitine plays a critical role in energy production by transporting long-chain fatty acids into mitochondria, our cells’ “power plants,” for energy production.*
- Energy production results in toxic metabolic byproducts. L-Carnitine helps to transport these materials out of mitochondria, preventing their accumulation.*
- Research suggests that as we age, carnitine levels decline, which may lead to a reduction in the integrity of the mitochondrial membrane and deterioration of mitochondrial function. Loss of optimal mitochondrial function is believed to contribute to the aging process.*
- The heart runs primarily on energy produced from fat; consequently, Carnitine is highly concentrated in cardiac tissues and may help to support normal cardiac function.*
Simply put, L-Carnitine uses include promoting the use of fat for energy production and supporting normal heart muscle function. L-Carnitine may also play a beneficial role in maintaining healthy mitochondrial function during the aging process.*
However, not all Carnitine supplements are created equal:
- NOW Sports utilizes pure CarniPure™ L-Carnitine, which is supported by numerous studies.
- We use the tartrate form of L-Carnitine in capsules and tablets to help ensure stability and full potency.
- NOW® Sports Carnitine products are available in capsule, veg capsule, tablet and liquid forms and in a variety of potencies. Plus, we offer Carnitine supplements that are suitable for vegetarians and vegans, as well.
NOW® Sports L-Carnitine products are carefully screened for purity and potency and are manufactured with our industry-leading quality assurance procedures. And we always use the natural “L” form amino acids, because we believe that natural is better.
Ready to start burning fat and increasing your energy levels?* See which NOW® Sports L-Carnitine product is right for you.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.