When you combine deep expertise with attention to detail, you get exceptional products.
- Our highly qualified scientists and technicians have decades of combined experience in the natural products industry, and in other relevant industries. They bring years of experience in developing and testing natural products, quality control, quality assurance, product formulation, pharmaceutical testing and many other disciplines.
- Chemists, biochemists, microbiologists, nutritionists, food technologists, and product formulators – they cross a range of disciplines.
As for credentials:
- Our scientists include 12 Ph.D.s, 1 M.D., and 24 masters degrees
- One board-certified toxicologist
- All of our lab chemists are degreed
- Many of our experienced product formulation and quality control staff have professional qualifications that set them apart from their industry colleagues.
Overall, we employ well over 100 Quality Control staff members, who work three shifts five to six days a week. At NOW Foods quality never rests thanks to the efforts of our dedicated technical staff.
Their combined expertise and technical skills allow us to make the most of our investment in world class labs, top quality ingredients and state-of-art manufacturing processes.
Our skilled and thoughtful staff not only make their mark on our production line, they’ve set the standard across the industry . . .
- Our scientists and nutritionists have published some of NOW’s analytical methods, and other natural product science, in scientific and technical journals.
- Members of our scientific nutritionists group have given presentations on their work at scientific and technical conferences.
Finally, leadership with a vision brings out the best in our excellent scientific and technical team. Dr. Michael Lelah brings extensive industry knowledge and a passion for excellence.
You can find out more about his experience here . . .
| || |
Dr. Michael Lelah, Technical Director
Ph.D. Chemical Engineering, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Responsible for: Quality, R&D, Nutrition and Science, Regulatory and Advocacy at NOW Foods
Member: President, Natural Health Research Institute (NHRI). Member Natural Products Association (NPA) ComPli Committee, Member, Board of Trustees, American Herbal products Association (AHPA). Board Member, Natural Products Association – China.
Areas of Interest: Doing what I can to ensure the best possible quality natural supplements and products. Advocating for health choices through prevention and nutrition and supporting the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA)
- Want to learn more about our industry-leading standards? Click here to find out more.
- Want to browse our high quality products? Click here to get to our main product menu.