You’re a savvy and choosy natural health consumer.
You read labels and research. You choose your products carefully. You’re looking for products you can trust are good for you.
You’re looking for the best natural products for your health.
As an ethical manufacturer, we are acutely aware that our products are consumed by people all around the world . . . as well as people very close to us – our family, our friends, our neighbors, ourselves.
NOW® takes our responsibility seriously to ensure our natural products are the best - safe and high quality. And the safety and quality of our products starts with how we source our ingredients.
We Start With the Best Natural Ingredients
Producing the best natural products requires us to be choosy about our ingredients and suppliers. We prefer to source our raw materials from local vendors, but this isn’t always possible. Many ingredients only come from specific countries.
Sourcing ingredients from outside of the U.S. raises a lot of red flags for consumers. Because of these concerns, we have put in place additional safeguards to make sure the ingredients we get from other countries meet the safety and quality standards we have in the U.S.
- NOW® utilizes an extensive audit program. We obtain information on the quality of the production source from both the manufacturers themselves and third party auditors as well. Our experience is that it’s not the country that counts, but rather the diligence in auditing and testing. This is what determines good quality, and ultimately leads to assurances of safety and purity.
- In addition, for key products in our line, we personally inspect the farms and/or production facilities to ensure the thoroughness of their quality control measures. Dr. Michael Lelah, NOW®’s Technical Director, is an experienced auditor. In the last few years he’s personally audited facilities producing CoQ10, spirulina, psyllium, stevia, amino acids, fish oils, spices, herbal extracts, and many other raw materials. He’s traveled to Norway, Canada, India, Korea, China, France, and Malaysia to make sure our supply partners are matching our production standards. After audits, he writes detailed reports that are included in the quality files we maintain in-house.
- NOW® uses many trademarked ingredients in our products, and we clearly identify these ingredients on our product labels. These ingredients have undergone comprehensive clinical and analytical testing well beyond most standard ingredients. Finished products containing trademarked ingredients are randomly tested by the trademark owner to ensure these products are properly manufactured and labeled, and that the finished product meets stringent requirements for the use of their ingredient.
- NOW®’s developed strong, long-term relations with key suppliers. These relationships give us powerful purchasing power. The bulk quantity price breaks we enjoy are passed on to our customers in the form of affordable everyday pricing.
- A critical and expensive way to ensure quality is through testing. NOW® performs extensive in-house testing in our state-of-the-art testing facilities in Bloomingdale, Illinois and Sparks, Nevada. Our laboratories and technical staff surpass most other nutrition manufacturers in the U.S. We carefully test ingredients for heavy metals, contamination, adulteration, potency and identity. We also test our finished products. This rigorous approach to testing is the cornerstone of our quality plan, and our quality commitment to you.
Finally, we meet US Food And Drug Administration (FDA) requirements for dietary supplements . . . and we go several steps beyond this . . .
- In addition to our stellar record on GMP compliance, we are a certified GMP manufacturer by the Natural Products Association (NPA).
- We’re certified Kosher and Halal for many products.
- We’re certified as an organic manufacturer by Quality Assurance International (QAI), which also certifies every organic product that we produce.
- In Canada we’re site licensed by the Natural Health Products Directorate (NHPD).
- We have a Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP) program in place, which is designed to identify potential hazards in our production procedures and put in place barriers to prevent contamination.
- We have a food safety plan in place that is designed to meet the FDA’s bioterrorism requirements.
- We have an allergen program designed to reduce the potential for cross-contamination, including gluten contamination.
- We have a dedicated team of Quality Assurance and Quality Control specialists who monitor that we establish, follow and document all GMPs.
By incorporating all these safeguards – both ones required by law and ones in addition to those – we make sure the products you buy meet your tough standards for safety and quality.
- Have questions? Please feel free to contact our Nutrition hotline at 888-669-3663 ext. 5 or email us at email@example.com for more information on the processes and procedures we employ to guarantee the quality of our products.
- Want to find out more about how we go beyond FDA regulations for dietary supplements in maintaining quality and safety? Just click here.
- Ready to purchase some of the best natural products available? Please click here to see our main product page menu.