|1/3 cup Brown Rice |
|1 cup vegetable broth |
|1/3 cup diced onion |
|1 Tbsp. Ellyndale Organics™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced |
|2 cooked skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, chopped |
|1/2 tsp. cumin |
|1/2 cup sliced mushrooms |
|Salt, to taste |
|Ground cayenne pepper, to taste |
|1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained |
|1 (4 oz.) can diced green chile peppers, drained |
|1/3 cup shredded carrots |
|2 cups shredded Swiss cheese |
- Mix the rice and vegetable broth in a pot and bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 45 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a large casserole dish.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook the onion until tender.
- Mix in the zucchini, chicken, and mushrooms, seasoning with cumin, salt, and ground cayenne pepper, then cook and stir until zucchini is lightly browned and chicken is heated through.
- In a large bowl, mix the cooked rice, onion, zucchini, chicken, mushrooms, beans, chiles, carrots, and 1 cup Swiss cheese.
- Transfer to the prepared casserole dish, and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover casserole loosely with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover, and continue baking 10 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly browned.
Nutrition info per serving:
Total Fat: 21 g
Cholesterol: 77 mg
Sodium: 651 mg
Carbohydrate: 18.9 g
Fiber: 5 g
Protein: 29.4 g