This side dish goes well with sautéed or grilled boned, skinned chicken breasts or broiled salmon.
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add couscous and almonds; cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes until grains are fragrant and heated through, then turn off heat.
- In bowl, mix boiling water, currants, onions, cinnamon and salt; pour over couscous in skillet, cover with tight-fitting lid; set aside 20 minutes. Fluff couscous with fork before serving.
To toast almonds
- Spread almonds in an ungreased baking pan.
- Place in 350-degree oven and bake 5 to 10 minutes or until almonds are light brown; stir once or twice to ensure even browning. Almonds will continue to brown slightly after removing from oven.
Fat: 11 g
Saturated Fat: 1.3 g
Monounsaturated Fat: 7.7 g
Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.9 g
Carbohydrates: 66 g
Protein: 11 g
Cholesterol: 0 g
Fiber: 6 g
Calcium: 56 mg
Magnesium: 60 mg
Sodium: 304 mg
Potassium: 345 mg
Vitamin E: 3.1 mg
*NOW items available at your local health food store