Adapted from The Wedge Natural Foods Co-op website.
|1 1/2 cups NOW Real Food® Organic Quinoa*|
|1 tsp. salt |
|3 cups water |
|2 cups fresh (about 4 ears) or frozen whole kernel corn |
|1 cup packed basil leaves, finely chopped |
|1/2 cup diced roasted red peppers |
|1/2 cup diced red onion |
|1/4 cup sliced green onions |
|2 Tbsp. NOW Real Food® Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|1/4 to 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice |
- In a medium saucepan combine quinoa, salt and water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover; reduce heat to low. Simmer 12 minutes.
- Add corn; cover and cook until corn is tender but still slightly crunchy; about 3 minutes.
- Drain quinoa mixture; transfer to a large serving bowl, and toss well with fork, fluffing quinoa.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Add basil, roasted peppers and red and green onions.
- Stir in oil and lemon juice.
Serving suggestion: Accompany with cooked white beans and juicy slices of watermelon.
8 g protein
46 g carbohydrates
8 g fat
1 g saturated fat
0 mg cholesterol
4.5 g fiber
443 mg sodium
*NOW items available at your local health food store