This high-protein quinoa salad makes a tasty side dish. It can be made with your favorite dried fruits, such as cranberries, raisins or goldenberries and your choice of nuts, such as pecans or walnuts.
Makes 4-5 servings
*NOW products available at your local health food store
- Bring the quinoa and water to boil in a saucepan.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender, 20-25 minutes.
- Allow quinoa to cool for 20 minutes in a large bowl.
- Stir in the green onions, celery, cranberries (or raisins, goldenberries), olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, coconut oil, and salt.
- Allow to stand at room temperature for 1 hour to allow the flavors to blend.
- Stir in the parsley (or clinatro) and nuts before serving.