This nutritious pudding makes a healthy dessert or breakfast, with heart-healthy walnuts and whole grain couscous.
Makes four 1-cup servings
*NOW ingredients available at your local health food store
- Bring 2/3 cup water to a boil; stir in salt and couscous.
- Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Add milk and sugar; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; stir until mixture is slightly thick.
- Transfer to a bowl; whisk in egg.
- Return to saucepan; cook, stirring frequently, until creamy (about 5 minutes).
- Add raisins and walnuts.
- Add cinnamon.
- Transfer to a clean bowl, and stir in vanilla.
- Let pudding cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon into 4 bowls and chill, loosely covered, for at least 1 hour.
- Drizzle with maple syrup before serving.