Adapted from www.allrecipes.com
This easy-to-make recipe is a flavorful alternative to black beans and rice.
|1 teaspoon NOW Real Food® Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|1 onion, chopped |
|3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped |
|3/4 cup uncooked NOW Real Food® Organic Quinoa Grain*|
|1 1/2 cups vegetable broth |
|1 teaspoon ground cumin |
|1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper |
|Salt and pepper to taste |
|1 cup frozen corn kernels |
|2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained |
|1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro |
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the onion and garlic, and sauté until lightly browned.
- Mix quinoa into the saucepan and cover with vegetable broth.
- Season with cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes, Stir frozen corn into the saucepan, and continue to simmer about 5 minutes until heated through.
- Mix in the black beans and cilantro.
*NOW items available at your local health food store