Adapted from www.allrecipes.com
This easy-to-make recipe is a flavorful alternative to black beans and rice.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir in the onion and garlic, and sauté until lightly browned.
- Mix quinoa into the saucepan and cover with vegetable broth.
- Season with cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes, Stir frozen corn into the saucepan, and continue to simmer about 5 minutes until heated through.
- Mix in the black beans and cilantro.
*NOW items available at your local health food store