Adapted from Extraordinary Health, Volume 12
Quinoa's protein content is higher than that of any other grain. In addition, Quinoa contains more iron than most grains, and is a good source of calcium, phosphorus, folate, and many B vitamins.
- Put the quinoa and the vegetable broth in a large stockpot and boil uncovered for about 15 minutes, then remove from heat; cover and leave on the stovetop for 5 to 10 minutes more.
- While quinoa is setting, combine the chopped spinach, tomato, parsley, and lemon zest together in a separate bowl.
- Drain any remaining liquid from the quinoa and then place the spinach mixture over it and cover until spinach slightly wilts; about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil and garlic and toss with the quinoa salad mixture.
- Top with kalamata olives.
*NOW items available at your local health food store