Adapted from Natural News newsletter, April 3, 2011 edition
It can be hard to find vegan-friendly recipes that are satisfying and delicious, but this Thai style quinoa with veggies recipe satisfies both criteria.
|1 cup cooked NOW Real Food® Organic Quinoa*|
|1 cup steamed snow peas|
|1 cup steamed broccoli|
|1/2 cup coconut milk|
|1/4 cup natural, chunky style peanut butter|
|8-10 shakes sesame oil or season to your taste|
|1-2 Tbsp soy sauce|
|1/2 Tbsp dried ground ginger, or 1 Tbsp fresh ground ginger|
|1 crushed clove of garlic|
|1/2 small avocado, diced into small pieces|
- Cook your quinoa in 2 cups of water. Cook until the water has been absorbed, then set aside. Do not attempt to fluff the quinoa until it is cooled, as it can turn to mush easily when hot.
- You may have the snow peas and broccoli steaming around the time the quinoa is done cooking. Vegetables should be crisp-tender so they maintain the majority of their vitamins and minerals, as well as their fiber content. They should have a bright green color when finished steaming.
- For your sauce, combine the coconut milk, peanut butter, sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger and garlic in a small sauce pan. Over low heat, blend all ingredients, slowly stirring with a wooden spoon until all are blended into one uniform sauce.
- Mix the quinoa, veggies, and Thai style sauce in a large bowl or plate.
- Add the diced avocadoes to the top.
*NOW items available at your local health food store