Adapted from Real Simple Magazine, September 2008
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- In a large saucepan, combine the quinoa and 1 cup water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender and the water is absorbed; 12 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the zucchini in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
- Arrange zucchini in a large baking dish, cut-side up.
- Fluff the quinoa and fold in the beans, tomatoes, almonds, garlic, 1/2 cup of the Parmesan, and 3 tablespoons of the oil.
- Spoon the mixture into the zucchini.
- Top with the remaining tablespoon of oil and 1/4 cup parmesan.
- Cover with foil and bake until the zucchini is tender; 25 to 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake until golden; 8 to 10 minutes.
28 g fat (6 g sat. fat)
20 g protein
34 g carbohydrate
7 g fiber
15 mg cholesterol
883 mg sodium
*NOW items available at your local health food store