Adapted from www.allrecipes.com
A sweet and spicy quinoa dish that works well as either a main or side dish.
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook and stir onion, carrots, raisins, and pumpkin pie spice until onion becomes golden; about 5 minutes.
- Stir in quinoa and cilantro and allow to toast for a few minutes.
- Pour orange juice and water in and stir well, bringing to a boil.
- Reduce heat cook until all the liquid is absorbed; about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes, then add walnuts.
- Fluff with a fork and serve.
Total Fat: 15.3 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
*NOW items available at your local health food store