Adapted from the Physicians’ Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM) website.
This dish is quick, colorful, and healthy. Serve it with a crusty bread and a fruit salad.
|1/2 teaspoon ground cumin|
|1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning|
|1 cup uncooked Couscous|
|1-1/2 cups vegetable broth|
|2 teaspoons NOW Real Food® Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|1 small onion, diced|
|1 cup diced zucchini|
|1 cup diced yellow squash|
|1 cup grape tomatoes|
|1/4 cup low-fat vinaigrette|
|1/4 cup chopped cilantro|
- In a large saucepan, combine the cumin, seasoning, and vegetable broth, then bring to a boil over high heat.
- Once boiling, add the couscous, stir, cover, and remove from heat; let sit for 10 minutes then fluff with fork.
- In a non-stick skillet lightly coated with cooking spray, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and cook until translucent.
- Add the zucchini and squash and cook until softened.
- Add the tomatoes and cook briefly until skins are slightly darkened.
- Add the vegetable mixture to the couscous.
- Stir in the vinaigrette and cilantro.
*NOW items available at your local health food store