Adapted from Alternative Medicine Magazine, October 2006
Protein-packed quinoa is a great choice for anyone wanting to add protein to their diet without the fat found in meat.
- Place quinoa in a strainer and rinse with cold water until water runs clear; drain.
- Combine quinoa, 2 cups water, and salt in a heavy, medium-sized saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer until quinoa is just tender and water is absorbed (about 20 minutes).
- While quinoa is cooking, heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Saute onions for 1 to 2 minutes, until just tender.
- Stir in chard and garlic, and toss to coat with oil Cook for 4 to 6 minutes until chard is tender.
- Stir in olives and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Remove from heat and stir in quinoa, mixing until combined well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese and serve immediately.
13 g Protein
51 g Carbohydrate
16 g Total Fat
4 g Saturated Fat
17 mg Cholesterol
5 g F iber
*NOW items available at your local health food store