This salad is a colorful alternative to mayonnaise-based slaws. It is full of vitamins, fiber, and heart-healthy unsaturated fat. Serve cold or at room temperature.
- In a small bowl, combine dried cranberries with 1/4 cup orange juice; set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss apple with remaining 1/4 cup orange juice.
- Mix in carrots, red onion, cilantro and pumpkin seeds.
- Drain cranberries, reserving juice, then add cranberries to apple-carrot mixture.
- Whisk together reserved orange juice and olive oil.
- Pour dressing over slaw.
- Toss well to combine, and season to taste with black pepper.
6 g Total Fat
1 g Saturated Fat
0 mg Cholesterol
2 g Protein
20 g Carbohydrate
3 g Fiber
41 mg Sodium
*NOW items available at your local health food store