This salad is a colorful alternative to mayonnaise-based slaws. It is full of vitamins, fiber, and heart-healthy unsaturated fat. Serve cold or at room temperature.
|1/2 cup dried cranberries |
|1/2 cup fresh orange juice, divided |
|1 Granny Smith apple, unpeeled, cored, and shredded |
|1 lb. carrots (about 4 large carrots), peeled and shredded |
|1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced |
|3 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro |
|1/2 cup NOW Real Food® Raw Pumpkin Seeds*|
|3 Tbsp. NOW Real Food® Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|Freshly ground black pepper |
- In a small bowl, combine dried cranberries with 1/4 cup orange juice; set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss apple with remaining 1/4 cup orange juice.
- Mix in carrots, red onion, cilantro and pumpkin seeds.
- Drain cranberries, reserving juice, then add cranberries to apple-carrot mixture.
- Whisk together reserved orange juice and olive oil.
- Pour dressing over slaw.
- Toss well to combine, and season to taste with black pepper.
6 g Total Fat
1 g Saturated Fat
0 mg Cholesterol
2 g Protein
20 g Carbohydrate
3 g Fiber
41 mg Sodium
*NOW items available at your local health food store