- Place the quinoa in a fine strainer, and rinse well with cold water; drain and transfer to a medium saucepan.
- Add the water, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Cover, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the quinoa is tender but still slightly crunchy. If all the water has not been absorbed, drain it through a fine strainer.
- Transfer the quinoa to a medium bowl.
- Drizzle with the oil, and toss to coat.
- Add the chickpeas, tomato, lime juice, cilantro, cumin, garlic, and salt. Toss well.
7.8 g Total Fat
1 g Saturated Fat
0 mg Cholesterol
267.1 mg Sodium
45.7 g Carbohydrates
1.2 g Total Sugars
5.8 g Dietary Fiber
9 g Protein
*NOW items available at your local health food store