Adapted from Cooking Light, March 2003
- Bring 1 1/2 cups orange juice, water, and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually stir in couscous. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork.
- Place couscous in a large bowl.
- Combine 1/2 cup orange juice, apricots, currants, and vinegar in a small saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and let stand 15 minutes. Drain and discard cooking liquid.
- Add apricot mixture, cucumber, and remaining ingredients to couscous, tossing to combine.
Serving size: 1 cup
Fat: 7.4 g
Protein: 7.7 g
Cholesterol: 0 g
Calcium: 43 mg
Sodium: 302 mg
Fiber: 5 g
Carbohydrate: 51.4 g
*NOW items available at your local health food store