Adapted from Cooking Light, March 1998
This high protein, fiber-rich vegetarian side dish uses NOW Whole Wheat Couscous.
- Grate 1/4 tsp. orange rind and set aside.
- Squeeze juice from orange into a bowl; reserve 1/4 cup juice and set aside.
- Add water to remaining juice in bowl to equal 1 cup.
- Bring water mixture and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually stir in couscous.
- Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes; fluff with a fork. Cool slightly.
- Stir in orange rind, beans, bell pepper, onions, and parsley.
- Combine reserved 1/4 cup orange juice, vinegar, oil, and cumin.
- Add couscous mixture; toss well.
- Store salad in an airtight container in refrigerator.
Nutrition per serving (1 cup):
Fat: 2.4 g
Protein: 7.3 g
Cholesterol: 0 g
Calcium: 23 mg
Sodium: 201 mg
Fiber: 3.3 g
Carbohydrate: 31.2 g
*NOW items available at your local health food store