|2 cups NOW Real Food® Organic Quinoa*|
|4 cups water (for cooking quinoa) |
|2 Tbsp. organic butter |
|1/4 cup shallots (minced) |
|1/2 cup dried cranberries |
|1/2 medium red onion (minced) |
|1/2 cup NOW Real Food® Raw Walnuts*|
|3 cups spinach |
|2 Tbsp. tamari soy sauce (or to taste) |
|1 medium lemon, juiced |
|Sea salt and pepper (to taste) |
|1/2 cup fresh parsley (washed and patted dry, then chopped fine) |
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly in a small strainer or by running fresh water over the quinoa in a pot. Drain.
- In a large, heavy saucepan, over medium-high heat, add quinoa and water; bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer; cover and cook until all water is absorbed (10-15 minutes).
- While quinoa is cooking, in a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Saute minced shallots and onions until translucent and sweet.
- Add tamari soy sauce, chopped spinach, cranberries and raw walnuts, then saute for 1-2 minutes to soften the spinach.
- Transfer quinoa to a large bowl and cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cooled quinoa and the sautéed mixture.
- Add fresh squeezed lemon juice, fresh parsley, and your favorite spices to taste.
Note: Salad may be made one day ahead and chilled, covered. Bring salad to room temperature before serving.
10 g fat
9 g protein
34 g carbohydrate
4 g dietary fiber
11 mg cholesterol
276 mg sodium
*NOW items available at your local health food store