Adapted from the Wheat Foods Council website
|2/3 cups chicken broth (14 ounce can) |
|1 cup NOW Real Food® Organic Whole Wheat Couscous*|
|3/4 cup canned garbanzo beans, drained |
|1/2 cup cucumber - chopped, seeded, unpeeled |
|1/4 cup sweet red bell pepper, diced |
|2 tablespoons green onions, chopped |
|3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar |
|1 tablespoon NOW Real Food® Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|1 tablespoon Dijon mustard |
|1/2 teaspoon lemon peel |
|1/4 teaspoon black pepper |
|1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper |
- In a medium saucepan, bring broth to a boil and stir in couscous; remove from heat, cover, and let stand for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork and let cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, lightly toss couscous with garbanzo beans, cucumber, red pepper and onions.
- Mix balsamic vinegar, olive oil, mustard, lemon rind and black pepper.
- Add to couscous mixture and toss.
- Garnish with lemon pepper.
Nutrition per serving:
9 g protein
44 g carbohydrates
5 g fat (1 g saturated)
5 g fiber
0 mg cholesterol
16 mcg folate
1 mg iron
698 mg sodium
*NOW items available at your local health food store