Adapted from Clean Eating Magazine
This easy-to-make barley salad is rich in whole grains, fiber, and protein.
Cook’s Review: “This was very easy to make. I used shredded Swiss chard and kale instead of parsley.” ~ Sarah W.
Makes 4 servings (1 cup each)
- Cook barley according to package directions, omitting salt.
- Drain barley and toss with parsley, walnuts, peach and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, blend oil, lime juice, orange juice, and salt.
- Pour over barley mixture and toss together.
- Crumble feta over top and serve.
Total Fat: 10g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Total Carbohydrates: 48g
Dietary Fiber: 10g