Adapted from Clean Eating Magazine
Marinate this quinoa salad in a simple sweet-and-sour dressing overnight and it will steal the spotlight at your next buffet.
Cooks’ Reviews: “My husband and I both really liked this! I would use a little less maple syrup for less sweetness.” ~Natalie S.
“This was easy to make, kid-friendly, and vegetarian. I used fresh chives from my garden instead of the scallions and added fresh cracked black pepper. I will try using a little less balsamic vinegar and adding a little ginger the next time. ~Jennifer M.
Makes 8 servings
*NOW products available at your local health food store
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Let cool completely.
- Prepare dressing: In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar and maple syrup.
- Add 3/4 cup dressing to quinoa.
- Stir in cranberries, pecans, scallions and salt.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Serve cold or at room temperature; just before serving, stir in remaining 1/4 cup dressing and season with salt.
Total Fat: 12g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Total Carbohydrates: 49g
Dietary Fiber: 5g