The heart-healthy almonds and extra-virgin olive oil in this NOW recipe, along with the different textures and natural sweetness of the beets and apricots make this an amazing salad.
*NOW items available at your local health food store
- Peel beets and dice into small cubes, about 1/2 inch..
- Place into a bowl with the juice of 1/2 lemon and 1 tsp. kosher salt.
- In a sauté pan place 2 t of NOW Certified Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Place quartered apricots in pan with skin side up
- Allow the apricots to caramelize on medium low heat for 5 minutes
- In a separate pan place 1/2 cup of NOW Natural Almonds on low heat and toast for 3 minutes.
- Cut Romaine Lettuce into 1 inch pieces and place into a bowl
- Add pickled beets, caramelized apricots, cucumbers, and 1 cup of toasted almonds.
- Pour 4 Tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar around the inner edge of the bowl and mix evenly.
- Sprinkle in goat cheese and serve.