Adapted from NutritionMD, www.nutritionmd.org
- Rinse quinoa thoroughly.
- Bring 1 cup quinoa and 1-3/4 cup water to a full boil over medium heat, cover, and reduce to simmer.
- Continue simmering quinoa for 15 minutes, then remove from heat, uncover, and allow to cool.
- In a bowl, combine quinoa, mint, cucumbers, parsley, tomatoes, and onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, oil, salt, and pepper.
- Pour over salad; toss.
- Serve at room temperature or refrigerate for 1 or more hours and serve cold.
*NOW items available at your local health food store