Adapted from the Almond Board of California
Roasted zucchini, savory olives, flavorful garlic, sweet basil and NOW natural almonds make this recipe a heart-healthy side dish. It can also be served as an entree atop pasta or rice.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Using a vegetable peeler, slice zucchini lengthwise into long, thin strips and put in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add salt and allow zucchini to sit for 5 minutes.
- Add all remaining ingredients and toss lightly.
- Arrange in a single layer in an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve as a side dish or atop pasta with marinara sauce.
*NOW items available at your local health food store