Reprinted with permission from “In a Vegetarian Kitchen”, www.vegkitchen.com
This tasty snack is particularly nice to have on hand for guests to munch on during the winter holidays.
Makes 6 cups
|2 to 3 tablespoons soy sauce, to taste |
|3 tablespoons NOW Real Food® Maple Syrup*|
|1/2 teaspoon cinnamon |
|1/4 teaspoon ground ginger |
|2 cups shelled nuts |
|4 cups small, salt-free pretzels |
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the nuts and toss to coat them evenly.
- Spread on a nonstick baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the coating is fairly dry.
- Let cool, then break apart any nuts that have clumped together.
- Mix in the pretzels and store in jars until needed.
*NOW items available at your local health food store