Adapted from Whole Foods Market recipes
The ancient grain, amaranth, adds fiber and protein to this simple granola while lending a nutty flavor. Serve with yogurt and fresh berries for a delicious breakfast.
Makes about 4 1/2 cups
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together honey, oil and vanilla.
- Stir in oats, rye flakes, amaranth and almonds until evenly coated.
- Spread on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until golden.
- Stir in cranberries and let cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
Per serving (1/2 cup):
250 calories (70 from fat)
8g total fat
1g saturated fat
42g total carbohydrate (6g dietary fiber, 17g sugar)
*NOW items available at your local health food store