From "Flax Family Favorites Recipes", Flax Council of Canada
The ultimate in snacking treats.
Makes 24 bars
|1/4 cup (50 mL) butter or margarine |
|1 cup (250 mL) rolled oats |
|1 cup (250mL) crushed graham crackers |
|1/2 cup (125 mL)raisins, chopped* |
|1/4 cup (50 mL) raw sunflower seeds, shelled |
|1/2 cup (125 mL) flax seed |
|1/4 cup (50 mL) unsweetened fine coconut |
|*Other dried fruit, such as apricots, can be used. |
|4 cups (1 L) miniature marshmallows |
- In a large saucepan, over low heat, melt butter.
- Add marshmallows, cook, stirring constantly until marshmallows are melted and mixture smooth, then remove from heat.
- Stir in oats, graham crumbs, flax seed, raisins, sunflower seeds and coconut until thoroughly coated.
- Press into a greased 9 x 13 inch (22 x 34 cm) pan with greased fingers. For a thicker bar, press into a 9 x 9 inch (22 x 22 cm) pan.
- Let cool, then cut into 6 rows lengthwise and 4 crosswise.