Credit: Recipe was developed for Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH) by Chef Carmen I. Jones, CCP. This recipe meets PBH and Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) nutrition standards that maintain fruits and vegetables as healthy foods.
A tasty, interesting combination of texture and flavor. Each serving is an excellent source of vitamin C and fiber, and a good source of folate and potassium.
- Cut zucchini in quarters lengthwise and then into ¾-inch chunks.
- Heat oil(s) in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add zucchini and sauté, stirring constantly and gently.
- When zucchini is almost tender, add walnut pieces and thyme, and continue to cook for about 45 to 60 seconds. Zucchini should still be bright green in color.
- Season with lemon juice, grated lemon peel, pepper, and salt.
- Serve hot.
Note: Walnut oil is available in specialty food shops and select grocery stores. It will turn rancid quickly, so please store between uses in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
*NOW items available at your local health food store