Adapted from Taste for Life Magazine, November 2009
- Toast cumin seeds in dry sauté pan over medium heat, shaking pan back and forth until seeds start to pop and become aromatic.
- Immediately add olive oil and ginger, and sauté for one minute.
- Stir in carrots and salt, and turn down heat to medium-low.
- Add water, cover, and cook for about two minutes, until just barely tender.
- Stir in lemon juice and maple syrup.
- Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.
1 g protein
6 g carbohydrates
1 g fiber
7 g total fat
108 mg sodium
*NOW items available at your local health food store