Adapted from Vegetarian Times, May 2008
A hot oven and a baking sheet are all you need to make fritters that taste deep-fried without the fat and calories.
Serves 6 (makes 18 fritters)
|1/2 cup NOW Real Food® Organic Quinoa*|
|1/2 tsp. sea salt |
|8 oz. cauliflower florets |
|1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese |
|2 large eggs |
|2 Tbsp. chopped Italian parsley |
|2 Tbsp. bread crumbs |
|Prepared tomato-and-basil sauce, warmed |
- Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Heat saucepan over high heat.
- Add quinoa and cook 3 minutes, or until quinoa begins to pop, stirring constantly.
- Add one cup water and 1/2 tsp. salt, and bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 10 minutes, or until water is absorbed, then cool.
- Meanwhile, cook cauliflower in boiling water for 8 minutes, or until tender; drain and break into small pieces.
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Mix quinoa, cauliflower, Parmesan, eggs, parsley, bread crumbs, and pepper in large bowl. Mixture will be moist and loose.
- Shape into 3-inch patties and arrange on baking sheet.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until fritters are golden brown.
- Serve with tomato-basil sauce.
4g Total Fat (1g Saturated Fat)
*NOW items available at your local health food store