One of the world’s true super foods, quinoa is a complete protein, containing all 9 essential amino acids. Quinoa is also a great source of fiber, iron, and magnesium.
This easy-to-make and tasty side dish is similar to a pilaf.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook and stir the mushrooms, onion, and garlic in the hot oil until browned, about 5 minutes; set aside.
- Melt the butter in a pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the quinoa to the melted butter and let it brown; about 3 minutes.
- Pour the chicken or vegetable broth over the quinoa and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to low; simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in the sautéed mushroom mixture and cook another 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese to serve.
9.5 g total fat
10 mg cholesterol
634 mg sodium
33.3 g total carbohydrate
3.3 g fiber
10.2 g protein
*NOW items available at your local health food store