|2 large onions, finely chopped |
|1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms |
|1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper |
|2 Tbsp. butter |
|3 cups grated carrots |
|1 1/2 cups chopped celery |
|5 eggs, beaten |
|1/2 cup NOW Real Food® Walnuts*|
|1/4 cup NOW Real Food® Raw Unsalted Organic Sunflower Seeds*|
|1/2 tsp. salt |
|1/2 tsp. dried basil |
|1/2 tsp. dried oregano |
|1/4 tsp. pepper |
|3 cups soft whole wheat bread crumbs |
- In a non-stick skillet, sauté onions, mushrooms, and green pepper in butter until tender.
- In a bowl, combine the mushroom mixture, carrots, celery, eggs, walnut, sunflower seeds, salt, basil, oregano, and pepper, then stir in bread crumbs.
- Coat a 9-inch x 3-inch loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray, then line with waxed paper.
- Transfer vegetable mixture to the prepared pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees F.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Nutrition info per serving:
Total Fat: 13 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 140 mg
Sodium: 321 mg
Carbohydrate: 19 g
Fiber: 4 g
Protein: 9 g
*NOW items available at your local health food store