- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a saucepan and add onion and quinoa.
- Sauté over medium heat, stirring constantly for 3 minutes.
- Add red bell pepper and sauté for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add water, soy sauce and rosemary; if using fresh peas, add them at this time.
- Bring contents to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, roast walnuts in 350 degree F oven for 5 minutes.
- When quinoa is cooked, turn off heat and mix in walnuts and frozen peas.
- Let sit an additional 10 minutes and serve.
Nutritional Info per serving:
15 g fat
12 g protein
42 g carbohydrate
0 g cholesterol
138 mg sodium
*NOW items available at your local health food store