Adapted from The Wedge Natural Foods Co-op website.
- In a medium saucepan combine quinoa, salt and water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover; reduce heat to low. Simmer 12 minutes.
- Add corn; cover and cook until corn is tender but still slightly crunchy; about 3 minutes.
- Drain quinoa mixture; transfer to a large serving bowl, and toss well with fork, fluffing quinoa.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- Add basil, roasted peppers and red and green onions.
- Stir in oil and lemon juice.
Serving suggestion: Accompany with cooked white beans and juicy slices of watermelon.
8 g protein
46 g carbohydrates
8 g fat
1 g saturated fat
0 mg cholesterol
4.5 g fiber
443 mg sodium
*NOW items available at your local health food store