This meatless comfort food is packed with high-antioxidant vegetables, with an added bonus of curcumin in the curry.
|2 Tbs. NOW Real Food® Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|1 large yellow onion, roughly chopped |
|4 cloves garlic, crushed |
|2 Tbs. curry powder |
|2 tsps. ground cumin |
|2 small red or green bell peppers, chopped |
|1 eggplant, cubed, unpeeled (3 cups) |
|1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes |
|10 small red potatoes, halved |
|1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half (or milk) |
|1 cup frozen or fresh peas |
|1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese |
|Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste |
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large skillet on medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil; add onion, garlic, curry and cumin. Sauté until onions are soft; 5 minutes.
- Transfer to bowl.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet; add peppers, eggplant, tomatoes and 1/2 cup water. Sauté until soft, 20 minutes. Stir in onions.
- Place in a shallow 8-by-8-inch baking dish.
- In a saucepan, boil potatoes until done, then drain and smash.
- Stir in half-and-half, peas, salt and pepper.
- Spread over vegetables and top with Parmesan.
- Bake 15 minutes; brown in broiler.
8g fat (2g saturated)
*NOW items available at your local health food store