Figs are rich in complex carbohydrates and dietary fiber and a wealth of essential minerals, such as calcium, potassium, and iron.
- Heat butter in large skillet.
- Add onion and saute over medium-high heat for 10-12 minutes, stirring frequently, until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Drain, toss with olive oil, and set aside.
- Remove stems from figs and coarsely chop.
- Stir figs, walnuts, and salt into onions and cook 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Pour mixture over pasta.
- Sprinkle with Gorgonzola and toss gently.
- Serve immediately.
*NOW items available at your local health food store