From NOW employee, Rosemary Nisbet
This is good served with crumbled feta cheese on top.
|2 Tbsp Ellyndale Orgaincs™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|1 large onion, diced (about 2 cups) |
|1 - 15.5 oz can navy beans or small white beans, drained and rinsed |
|1 - 15.5 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed |
|6 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 Tbsp.) |
|2 cups vegetable broth or water |
|1 - 15.5 oz can Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed |
- Heat oil in large pot over medium heat.
- Sauté onion 2 to 3 minutes, or until soft.
- Add navy beans, black beans and garlic, and continue cooking and stirring 8 to 10 minutes more.
- Stir in 1 cup of broth.
- Meanwhile, put Great Northern beans and remaining 1 cup of broth into food processor or blender, and puree until smooth.
- Pour puree into soup.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Thin with more broth or water, if desired.
- Spoon into individual soup bowls and serve hot.
*NOW items available at your local health food store