|1 cup NOW® Textured Soy Protein Granules*|
|1 - 26 oz. jar of spaghetti sauce |
|1 - 8 oz. can of tomato sauce (optional) |
|1 - 6 oz. jar of sliced mushrooms |
|1 tablespoon Italian seasoning |
|2 tablespoons crushed, dry parsley |
|1 small onion, diced |
|2 cloves garlic, diced |
- Bring 1 ½ cups of water to boil and add soy protein, onion and garlic; reduce heat and simmer for half an hour.
- Add remaining ingredients, except for the spaghetti squash, and cook on low heat for 20 minutes. Add more water or tomato sauce if the sauce becomes too dry. (The soy granules soak up a lot of moisture!)
- While preparing the sauce, place a spaghetti squash, cut in half, on a pan and bake at 350 degrees until soft; about an hour.
- Using a fork, pull out the squash from the shell and use as noodle base.
- Top with the above sauce mixture. Enjoy!
*NOW items available at your local health food store