From NOW employee, Sherri Janes
|3 ½ cups NOW Real Food® Quinoa*|
|1 – 8-oz. can Italian-style diced tomatoes |
|¼ cup red onion, sliced into rings |
|1 Tbsp. minced garlic |
|½ tsp. NOW Real Food® Extra Virgin Olive Oil*|
|10 cups (10 oz.) fresh spinach |
|1 Tbsp. water|
|6 oz. light cheddar, grated |
|3 Tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan cheese |
|Fresh basil sprigs for garnish |
- Prepare quinoa according to package directions and set aside.
- Heat tomatoes in small saucepan and set aside.
- In large skillet over medium heat, combine onions, garlic, and oil.
- Stir until onions are heated and fragrant.
- Add spinach and water; stir until spinach is wilted and tender, but still bright green; about 2 minutes.
- On large platter, layer quinoa, spinach mixture and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with cheeses and garnish with basil.
*NOW items available at your local health food store