This vegan dish contains heart-healthy olive oil and quinoa, a complete protein containing all nine essential amino acids and almost twice as much fiber as most other grains. You can use different veggies of your choice instead of broccoli and carrots. You can also use less chickpeas and replace them with more veggies.
Makes 4 servings
*NOW products available at your local health food store
- Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a small saucepan over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender, and the water has been absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Scrape the cooked quinoa into a mixing bowl.
- Add the garbanzo beans, broccoli, carrots, red onion, sunflower seeds, garlic, lemon juice, rosemary, mustard (optional), and olive oil.
- Stir until evenly mixed. Season to taste with salt and black pepper before serving.